Qibla functionality on Android and iOS devices displays a pointer, which shows you the direction to the city of Mecca. The accuracy was cross checked with other products that are available online and with manual calculations. This feature is quite useful if you are a traveling person.
In some cases you might notice, that the pointer might be slightly less accurate or display slightly different results in comparison to other devices near you.
List of potential causes that might be affecting your device:
- Device might be placed near a metal object
- Device might be placed near a magnetic object
- Device might be placed near a strong current
- Device compass might need calibration (AppStore and GooglePlay both have apps to help achieve this)
- Device might not be receiving the GPS signal properly