If you experience any problems with SalamWeb failing to update, it might be due to several reasons - missing files, antivirus database being outdated, corrupted previous install or basic computer management rights missing. To troubleshoot - simply follow the steps below:
Try downloading SalamWeb again:
- Uninstall SalamWeb
- Make sure your system meets the minimum requirements
- Download a new installer for SalamWeb via the SalamWeb homepage
- Try reinstalling
In case you do not have sufficient access rights to perform any of these steps - contact the person administering your device.
Check if SalamWeb is not blocked by a firewall, antivirus or parental control settings:
- Make sure your antivirus and firewall definitions are up to date
- Make sure SalamWeb is not being blocked in any blacklists in firewall or antivirus settings
- Make sure that SalamWeb was not blacklisted under parental control settings
Reboot your device:
Try rebooting your device and try the update procedure or the steps above one more time.
Scan your device for malware or viruses:
Some malware or viruses might prevent you from performing updates or installing the browser software. It is recommended, if the steps above have not worked, to run a full system scan.
Some programs that might cause problems on a Mac computer:
BrowseFox, PullUpdate, Vitruvian, V-Bates, SearchProtect, SupTab, MySearchDial, SaveSense, Price Meter, Mail.ru Sputnik/Guard, Conduit Toolbars, Community Alerts & ValueApps, Wajam, Multiplug, Shopper Pro, Stormwatch, SmartBar, Dealply, SmartWeb, MySearch123, AdPea, Etranslator, CouponMarvel, PriceFountain, Techsnab, Colisi, BrApp, LuckyTab, OneCall, Crossrider, Eorezo, Consumer Input, Content Defender, Movie Dea
Minimum system requirements:
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 or later
- An Intel Pentium 4 processor or later that's SSE2 capable
If your device does meet these requirements, but you are receiving an error "No longer supported", the compatibility mode might be enabled for SalamWeb. Right-click the SalamWeb icon, click on Properties and then on Compatibility and uncheck Run this program in compatibility mode for.
- OS X Yosemite 10.10 or later